- Free Saturday Morning Class for Children
SPACES STILL AVAILABLE. Sign up here!
KPCC Hoop Hop Troop
We have a brand new, Saturday morning class for your children! It’s free and on Zoom until we can be together again in person. Come and join our KPCC Hoop Hop Troop!
KPCC and Simply Smiley are excited to announce the launch of our new online dance and hula hoop project, designed especially for all the young people in our community.
Join local performance artist Theo Alade and Charlene the Hoola Queen each week online on Zoom to have fun, learn routines, reconnect with your friends and perfect your moves.
Dance with us to feel the best possible you!
Just sign-up online to gain access to FREE weekly online dance classes.
Funding from The National Lottery Community Fund, distributed by Power to Change, has helped us to create this community project. Thanks to National Lottery players for making this possible.
- Christmas at KPCC with Oval Arts Depot
Simply Smiley Productions new office is Oval Arts Depot which is a fantastic new space for creatives! From a building that was left derelict for 10 years Shannon and her team have transformed this space into a vibrant, artist workspace with everything you need for meetings, shoots, events, virtual office, a space to practice in and much more … including a piano!
Pumping life, creativity, music, art and entertainment into the Oval community! Just over the road from Oval Tube Station!
In celebration of this incredible achievement during this hard time of Covid 19 and when many buildings are being torn down and turned into flats everywhere you go we have some amazing events going on!
Click here to find out more!
- KPCC closure update
We have risk assessed what we need to do to reopen the Community Centre so that it is as safe as possible for our visitors, staff and volunteers during this hazardous time.
We will be opening on Monday 27 July and then every Monday and Tuesday from 10am to 4pm until 25 August to provide a free hot dinner, healthy snacks and oodles of fun for local children aged 4 to 14.
Shannon and her Simply Smiley Productions team have put on activities at KPCC Oval for the past couple of summers and, depending on government guidance and the weather, will again be running arts and craft, dance, singing, drama games, hula hooping, planting, yoga and capoeira workshops.
This programme is part of Lambeth & Southwark’s Summer of Food and Fun, which is being organised by Kitchen Social with the support of the Mayor’s Fund for London, Lambeth and Southwark Councils to keep our kids fed and active during the school summer holidays.
If you would like more information, including a registration form, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to donate to fund more activities our crowdfunding page is waiting for a visit at https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/free-summer-food-and-fun
In September we aim to open on three days a week for the All In Actors drama school https://www.allinactors.com/; and shortly thereafter to welcome back our Youth Club and other activities run by Active Communities Network.
We hope to be able to then welcome our regular user groups back to KPCC Oval during the autumn but at the moment we cannot say when.
Until we can be sure that everyone will be safe, we are not yet taking bookings for parties, social events, sporting activities or conferences, or from groups whose attendees are likely to be from those in our community more vulnerable to Covid-19.
Thank you for your support – we look forward to welcoming everyone back soon!
- Support our Crowdfunder!
We are raising money for local children to attend a summer scheme providing much needed food and activities.
Please visit out Crowdfunder page for more information and encourage your friends and colleagues to donate as well!
- Kids’ summer play scheme 2020
This year, we are partnering with The Mayor’s Fund for London, Lambeth and Southwark Councils and Kitchen Social for our summer scheme.
Kids will be able to join an array of fun and engaging community activities including sports, theatre, arts and crafts and cooking. In the event of continued lockdown, young people will still be able to access activities remotely, including food and nutrition education, arts and crafts, literacy support, and a wide range of physical activities.
The Summer of Food and Fun programme runs from 22 July – 2 September. For more information about the scheme and all the hubs which participating in the scheme, please download the programme here.
To register for Lambeth and Southwark’s Summer Of Food And Fun, please download the form below and email it to email@example.com. Please note that it is essential to pre-register and then await confirmation that your child/ren has a place. Numbers are severely restricted to ensure safety.
ALL PLACES FOR THE WEEKS 27 July and 3 August ARE NOW FILLED.
IF YOU WISH TO BE PLACED ON OUR WAITING LIST please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed registration form.
IF YOU WISH TO COLLECT FOOD AND AN ACTIVITY PACK FROM US please email email@example.com
- Oval Arts Depot
We’re delighted to announce this new addition to KPCC Oval!
- KPCC closure update
- KPCC temporary closure notice
- Video of our Christmas panto and visit from Santa!What a fabulous time we had at this year’s panto with a full-house and visit from Santa. Everyone was thoroughly entertained by Simply Smiley’s “Christmas under the Sea” and all the kids received a present from Santa. If you didn’t make it this time, there’s always next year!
- Free Christmas Pantomime and visit from Santa!Simply Smiley Productions in association with KPCC Oval presents Christmas under the Sea! Neptune is holding his annual Christmas Pageant Competition to see who will be Champion of the Tunaverse! We have some truly spectacular performances for you this year. Mrs Narwal with her plate spinning, Sally Seal with her balancing act, the dancing duo dolphins: Dolly and Phin We also have a few last minute entries from Octavius the Octopus and another duo act by Terrance and Michelle. Who will light up the Christmas anemone, get the seal of approval and win that tidal role: Champion of the TUNAverse! About us For most of us, Christmas is something to look forward to, enjoying time with our families, away from work or school, feasting and exchanging presents. However, for many residents of inner city estates like Kennington Park at the Oval, Christmas can be a difficult and expensive time. Lambeth is one of the most deprived boroughs in London, with high rates of violent, sexual and drug-related crime. The level of child poverty is worse than the London and England average, with 29% of children aged under 16 living in poverty. At Kennington Park Community Centre, our aim this Christmas is to make life a little easier for the families on our estate. Some of the kids on the estate will never get to go to a theatre or visit Santa in a big store, so by bringing these seasonal favourites to them we hope to make their Christmas a little more memorable. There is strong evidence to suggest that participation in the arts contributes to community cohesion, reduces social exclusion and isolation, and makes communities feel safer and stronger. At KPCC Oval we are proud to be able to do our bit! Click here to obtain your free tickets. We have added an optional donation ticket which will help us to fund the pantomime, as well as pay for Santa’s Oyster Card so that he can bring presents for our children. So please help us to fund this Christmas panto and know that you are contributing to a happier and safer community for all.
- Exercise classes for over 50s
- Kids’ summer fun days at KPCC Oval
- KPCC Community Benefit Society AGM
- Kids’ Summer Fun Days at KPCC Oval
- Photos of our Spring Fun Day!We had a fantastic time in April at our Spring Fun Day! Simply Smiley Productions put on a fabulous performance of Panda’s Song, plus loads of fun activities for kids! Hopefully you joined us, but if not make sure to come along next time. Don’t forget you can support our CrowdFunder campaign so that we can do more great stuff like this in Kennington Park Community Centre. Here’s some brilliant photos from the event.
- Spring in your step! Easter Fun Day at KPCC 7th April!We are hosting a free Fun Day on the 7th April 2018. Join us at 2pm for FUN! 2pm will be an opportunity to meet the starts of the show and a drama workshop 3pm will be a fantastic children’s theatre performance of “Panda’s Song” by Simply Smiley Productions: www.simplysmileyproductions.co.uk/ 4pm will be time for the dance party with refreshments, games, prizes and balloon animals for everyone! We look forward to seeing you all there!
- Coding workshop for kids! 3rd and 4th of April 2018.
- KPCC Summer 2019
- Simply Smiley Productions at KPCCOver the past few months KPCC has been lucky enough to have not one, but two performance events from the wonderful Simply Smiley Productions. Here is the latest video, taken from KPCC’s Christmas event. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWabDgwvfc
- Vinyasa yoga flow classes in aid of Triangle Adventure PlaygroundKPCC Oval has an ongoing regular yoga class on Saturday mornings from 9 – 10am, open to everybody. The classes are in aid of Triangle Adventure Playground. Elena at The Lovely Catalyst is our brilliant and talented regular instructor. All money raised from the voluntary contributions goes to support Triangle Adventure Playground! Recently Jess from Yoga Cleanse London also instructed a great class! Come and join us!